Pages

Friday 19 February 2021

Friday Reflection 1

Hello, this is my first reflection. I will be summarising our learning about identity.

https://markmanson.net/your-two-minds is a text about the two minds, the author is Mark Manson a talented writer who writes about many things. The text's purpose is to inform us all about the two minds and how they work together.

"The problem with the Thinking Mind is that we don’t completely control it."

I don't really agree with the writer, I think the whole idea of two minds is ridiculous, you are one singular being, the left and the right brain have different purposes, that said, it does NOT make you two different entities. 

"Neuroimaging testing performed in the 1990s demonstrated that parts of Broca's area - the region of the brain responsible for speech - are also active when our inner voice is speaking to us." The left side is responsible for speech, and most problem solving, the right brain is for memory and creative skills. You cannot 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.