Pages

Monday 15 March 2021

Siginificance of WW1

Hello, this is my blog post on the importance of WW1 and The Last Post.

The Last Post is played in Belgium every evening at 8 pm since 1928, the song is important to NZ because it's an expression of Belgium's gratitude for the contribution that Kiwi's servicemen and women made to its defense during WW1.

Most believe that the last post is a song about honoring those we have lost in the war, although the Last Post has come to carry such mournful weight and meaning, it was not originally used in a memorial context. In fact, the Last Post was just a song when it was first made. First published and played in the 1790s.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Vin,
    This is a interesting blog post that you have done in Social Studies, about the history of Anzac. I like how you've included a photo to show the readers what The Last Post song refereed to. Maybe next time you could structure your work and add in more facts about the topic. I think it would engage more people to really read your post because there will be lots of information given out. Other than that keep up the good work and keep working hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I haven't finished my work yet, I was just publishing it to get it out there.

      Delete
  2. Hey Vin.
    I love the detail about exactly when the last post is played. I felt like your first sentence in your blurb was a little long.
    Overall a nice deatiled blog post as are all your others, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vin,
    This is a good blog post about anzac you have done in social studies. I like how you inculded photos so they know what you are talking about. Maybe next time you could put more information so they know all the little details, but it was good, keep up your hard working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I haven't finished my work yet, I was just publishing it to get it out there.

      Delete
  4. Intriguing work Vin, I enjoyed reading it very much, It's nice to learn about you country's backstory a little bit more in-depth, I also like the guy jamming with the trumpet, Next time maybe you could put a little more effort into presentation,
    Much appreciation,
    Kody

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.